We (the folks at Moortor Design Ltd.) run a website development and hosting service called Moortor Web and would love for you to use it. We offer a range of paid tiers for different levels of service which include website development, hosting, on-going maintenance and support. Our service is designed to give you as much control and ownership over what goes on your site as possible and encourage you to express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you publish. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items listed below appear on your site or get linked to from your site (things like spam, viruses, or hate content).
You can check our showcase page to get a sense of the types of sites that are welcome on our service.
If you find anything on a Moortor Web site that you believe violates our terms of service, please contact us.
(Note, these Terms and Conditions are modified from those prepared by Automattic for WordPress.com and are available under a Creative Commons Sharealike license, which means you’re more than welcome to steal them and repurpose them for your own use. Just make sure to replace references to us with ones to you, and if you don’t mind we’d appreciate a link to Moortor Web and WordPress.com somewhere on your site. Automattic spent a lot of money and time on the below, and believe that other people shouldn’t have to do the same.)
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the website, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Moortor Design, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Your Moortor Web Account and Site. If we create you a Moortor Web account and build your website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the website we build for you. You must not describe or assign keywords to your website in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Moortor Design may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Moortor Design liability. You must immediately notify Moortor Design of any unauthorized uses of your website, your account or any other breaches of security. Moortor Design will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a website, comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your website is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and websites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your website is not presented in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Moortor Design or otherwise. By submitting Content to Moortor Design for inclusion on your website, you grant Moortor Design a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your website. This license allows Moortor Design to make publicly-posted content available to third parties selected by Moortor Design so that these third parties can analyze and distribute (but not publicly display) your content through their services.
You also give other Moortor Web users permission to share your Content on other Moortor Web sites and add their own Content to it (aka to reblog your Content), so long as they use only a portion of your post and they give you credit as the original author by linking back to your site.
If you delete Content, Moortor Design will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Moortor Design has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Moortor Design’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Moortor Design’s reasonable opinion, violates any Moortor Design policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Moortor Design’s sole discretion. Moortor Design will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms. Paid services are available on the Website (any such service, a “Tier”). By selecting a Tier you agree to pay Moortor Design the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for a Tier and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. Tier fees are not refundable.
- Moortor Design Renewal. Unless you notify Moortor Design before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel a Tier, your Tier subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such Tier (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Tiers can be canceled at any time by contacting Moortor Web.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. Moortor Design has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Moortor Design does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Moortor Design disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which moortor.com links, and that link to moortor.com. Moortor Design does not have any control over those websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a website or webpage, Moortor Design does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Moortor Design disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Moortor Design asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by moortor.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Moortor Design. You can contact us via the Website. Moortor Design will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Moortor Design will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Moortor Design or others. In the case of such termination, Moortor Design will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Moortor Design.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Moortor Design to you any Moortor Design or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Moortor Design. Moortor Design, Moortor Web, moortor.com, the Moortor Design logo, Moortor Web logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with moortor.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Moortor Design or Moortor Design’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Moortor Design or third-party trademarks.
- Attribution. Moortor Design reserves the right to display attribution links such as ‘Built by Moortor Web,’ theme author, and font attribution in your blog footer or toolbar.
- Domain Names. If you are registering a domain name, using or transferring a previously registered domain name, you acknowledge and agree that use of the domain name is also subject to the policies of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”), including their Registration Rights and Responsibilities.
- Changes. We are constantly updating our services, and that means sometimes we have to change the legal terms under which our services are offered. If we make changes that are material, we will let you know by posting on one of our blogs, or by sending you an email or other communication before the changes take effect. The notice will designate a reasonable period of time after which the new Terms will take effect. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using Moortor Web within the designated notice period. Your continued use of Moortor Web will be subject to the new Terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
- Termination. Moortor Design may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your moortor.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Moortor Design and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Moortor Design nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will Moortor Design, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Moortor Design under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Moortor Design shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Moortor Design, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Translation. These Terms and Conditions were originally written in English (UK). We may translate these Terms into other languages. In the event of a conflict between a translated version of these Terms and Conditions and the English version, the English version will control.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Moortor Design and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Moortor Design, or by the posting by Moortor Design of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the courts located in England, UK. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Moortor Design may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.